In response to COVID-19, the Village Board has declared a Public Health Emergency in Bayside. This declaration is in line with action taken by the Federal, State and County levels of government. This declaration enables Village officials to exercise powers in an expedited manner at the local level in the interest of the health, safety, welfare and good order of the Village of Bayside.
Village Closures, Cancellations & Service Modifications
We want to thank you all for your patience and understanding during these uncertain times. Our community’s safety is our number one concern, and we all should be vigilant in doing our part to help slow the spread of this virus.
- Village Hall will be closed to the public, effective immediately. Public access will resume on April 24, 2020 unless modified earlier.
- Village Hall staff will report to work throughout the closure period.
- Phone lines (414) 206-3915 will remain operational and staff will answer calls during normal business hours, 7:30am to 4:00pm.
- Access specific services online:
Property Tax Payments:
- The second property tax installment is due March 31.
- Tax payments can be dropped off in the night depository at Village Hall or mailed to Village Hall, 9075 N. Regent Road, Bayside, WI 53217.
- Please provide your email on the tax bill if you would like a receipt emailed to you. We will email you a receipt if you provide an email address.
- Pay Property Taxes online. (Applicable processing fees apply)
North Shore Library:
- The North Shore Library is closed through April 24.
- Curbside Pickup service is currently suspended.
- Questions, please call the Library at 414-351-3461 or chat with a librarian on our website at http://www.mcfls.org/northshorelibrary/.
Garbage and Recycling:
- At this time, refuse and recycling collection will continue, subject to compliance with CDC guidelines/directives regarding social distancing, hygiene, etc.
- Visit the Collection Guide for more information.
- The Village Hall recycling program, as well as the Prescription Drug Drop Off, have been removed from facilities until further notice. Residents are encouraged to safely and securely store these materials until programs resume.
- Public Works will continue performing essential operations, subject to compliance with CDC guidelines/directives regarding social distancing, hygiene, etc.
- All Special Pick-Ups have been suspended.
- The Ellsworth Park playground, Tennis Courts, Pavilion and bathroom is currently closed until further notice.
- Ellsworth Park remains open. Please practice social distancing.
LX Club Senior Center:
- The LX Club is currently closed through April 24.
Building Inspections and Permits:
- The Village will continue to process building permits.
- All non-essential building inspections will be postponed and rescheduled to a future date.
- Permit applications may be downloaded here.
- For more information on the status of a permit, please email Safebuilt.
- Completed applications and associated fees should be returned by mail or placed in the night deposit box at Village Hall.
- Both Architectural Review Committee meetings in April have been canceled.
Clean Up Days:
- The Spring Clean Up Day scheduled for April 18 has been canceled.
- All non-essential public meetings will be canceled until further notice.
- The Village is urging ALL voters to request an absentee ballot for the April 7 election.
- Voting through the mail reduces public contact with our poll workers, many of whom are senior citizens. Seniors have so far been more susceptible to complications from the virus. You can request a ballot online at: https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/. You will need to upload a picture or copy of your photo ID.
- The Village sent each property address a request for an absentee ballot in the mail on March 18, 2020. You can complete the request and mail it to Village Hall if you don’t register or request one online at myVote.
- Voters who vote absentee can track their ballot status (when mailed, received, etc.) on myVote.
- In-Person Absentee Voting Update (March 23)
Police and Fire Services:
- The Police Department & North Shore Fire Department both continue to operate 24x7.
- The Police Department lobby is closed until further notice. Please call (414) 206-3916 to speak with the Police Department.
- Both agencies have suspended all community education programs until further notice including CPR Classes, Ride Alongs, Station Tours, Car Seat Clinics, myBlue Sector Officer visits, and Home Safety Assessments.
- The Prescription Drug Drop Off Box program has been suspended, and the Box has been removed from the police lobby.
- The April 27 National Drug Take-Back event and program have been canceled.
911 Emergency Dispatch Services:
- The Communications Center lobby is closed until further notice. Please call (414) 351-9900 to speak with the Communications Center.
- The Communications Center has enhanced call screening and is taking additional precautions when answering 911 calls that involve complaints of a sick person, a fever, cough, respiratory illness or other breathing problems.
- These questions allow us to take precautions to avoid exposure and spread of the coronavirus infections for the first responders and the public.
- We have been receiving an increased number of calls from citizens, having questions regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). While we are here to help those in need of emergency services, unfortunately, we are not your best resource of information for this topic.
- 911 is for life-threatening emergencies only and the non-emergency number is for all other questions. 911 calls take priority over non-emergency calls and the public may be put on hold while taking those calls. Misuse of 911 can result in a citation if used improperly.
- Please do not call 911 for a shortage of supplies, for the Health Department ,or questions about the virus.
- Bayside Municipal Court is closed through the end of May, until further Order of the Court. Please visit the Municipal Court website for further updates or to pay citations.
- Effective immediately, MADACC will keep the lobby closed to traffic except for stray/bite case drop-off or reclaim and adoptions
- Visitors will be required to ring the bell for assistance.
- Licensing can be completed online or over the phone.
- Public spay/neuter surgeries are being rescheduled for May 2020.
- Public vaccine clinics are canceled until further notice.
- North Shore Health Department
- Milwaukee County
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Center for Disease Control
- John Hopkins University
Milwaukee County Situational Update
North Shore Health Department Resources